A woman should plan for pregnancy when she is perfectly fit physically. The health and well-being of the baby largely depend on the health of the mother. Being overweight in pregnancy can cause some physical complications during labor and delivery. However, an obese woman can also have a healthy pregnancy by switching to some healthy habits. Know the habits that are enlisted below in today’s blog drafted by the expert medical professionals of Window to the Womb, the highest-rated fetal health scan clinic in Milton Keynes. Here are some Healthy pregnancy tips for overweight mommies.
5 Healthy pregnancy tips for overweight mommies –
- Focus on eating healthy foods only: If you are overweight in your pregnancy, try to focus on healthy foods only. Eat green veggies, seasonal fresh fruits, and whole grains as a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Low-fat dairy products are also necessary for gaining calcium in your body. Lean meats are a good source of protein. Include all of these in your daily diet chart.
- Eat small but eat frequently: We recommend an overweight pregnant woman to eat in small quantities but eat several times. Like, eat your meals in tiny amounts but eat again and again whenever you feel your stomach to be empty. This eating habit does not let you put on more excess weight and fulfills your appetite properly.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking plenty of water helps in good metabolism, especially during pregnancy. Therefore, doctors ask a pregnant woman to drink 7 to 8 glasses of water a day for good health and metabolism. Besides, drinking a lot of water helps to maintain the proper amount of amniotic fluid and get rid of other physical complications.
- Escape from random pregnancy cravings: Having random pregnancy cravings is quite normal. But when it comes to an overweight pregnant woman, she should avoid high-calorie food cravings like ice creams, chocolates, chips, fries, burgers, pizzas, etc. So, instead of such food items, an overweight mommy-to-be should treat herself with some healthy snacks like smoothies, sweet corns, soups, and some other diabetic-friendly roasted snacks whenever pregnancy cravings hit hard.
- Be active: It is just an old-school myth that a pregnant lady should always take a rest and be on her bed. However, it creates serious complications for obese women. Doing nothing and sitting lazily can help in putting on more body weight. So, when a pregnant woman is already overweight, she should be active all day to burn her calories. For that, we are not suggesting doing strenuous physical activities, but a little moderate workout can help vividly.
The body weight of the mum contributes a lot to a pregnancy. So, if you are an obese mommy-to-be, you should be a bit more careful about your pregnancy. Undergo a fetal health scan at the leading baby scan clinic in Milton Keynes and get assurance of your baby’s proper growth and development.