During an ultrasound scan, a sound wave is created to image the growing baby inside the mother’s womb. Doctors prescribe going through an ultrasound scan to monitor the development of the baby. Still, many would-be parents ignore going through ultrasound scans because of their lack of enlightenment about the benefits of pregnancy ultrasound scans. Let Window to the Womb, the most promising clinic for a 4D ultrasound scan in Milton Keynes provide some important information regarding the pregnancy ultrasound scans.
How is a pregnant woman supposed to prepare herself for an early pregnancy scan?
There is nothing much to prepare for a pregnancy ultrasound scan. A pregnant woman just needs to drink one or two glasses of water one hour before the scheduled time of the ultrasound scan. During an ultrasound, the bladder must be full so that the image comes prominently. By this technique, the baby and the reproductive organs of the mother become visible on the screen.</p.
What are the advantages of going through a pregnancy ultrasound scan?
Different ultrasound scans are executed in different stages of pregnancy. Accordingly, the benefits come.
The first trimester of pregnancy-
• During the first trimester of pregnancy, the first ultrasound scan report confirms the pregnancy.
• Ultrasound scans during the early pregnancy period detect any kind of abnormalities of pregnancy if any.
• An ultrasound scan in early pregnancy is capable to detect multiple pregnancies. Such as, it detects whether a woman is carrying more than one baby inside her womb.
• Through a pregnancy ultrasound scan, the gestational age of the fetus can be measured accurately. Along with this, the estimated due date can be calculated.
• Doctors suggest going through an ultrasound scan to listen to the heartbeat of the growing baby. By listening to the heartbeat of the baby, the parents can feel their unborn babies for the first time.
• An early pregnancy scan evaluates the right positions of the reproductive organs of the mother.
• The proper growth and development of the fetus can be examined by an ultrasound scan.
• Ectopic pregnancies can be detected by an ultrasound scan. If the signs of an ectopic pregnancy show up, doctors start its proper treatment as early as possible.
The second trimester of pregnancy-
• Checks the position and proper growth of the slightly grown-up baby inside the mother’s womb.
• Evaluates the status of the placenta in order to check for any abnormality in the pregnancy.
• Checks if there is any symptom of Down Syndrome in the growing baby.
• Detects problems in the blood flow of the baby.
• Looks at the level of amniotic fluid.
• Makes an assessment on the length of the cervix.
There are so many other beneficial sides of an ultrasound scan during pregnancy. It is even hard to accommodate all of them in a single blog. Go through more online blogs and articles to fulfill your knowledge about the advantages of a pregnancy ultrasound scan.
If you are based in Milton Keynes, visit Window to the Womb, the renowned clinic for a private ultrasound scan in Milton Keynes to have the best services for ultrasound scans. Here, we conduct various ultrasound scans including the gender reveal scans.
Author Bio – Hey there! I’m Juhi Coxhill currently living in the UK and a proud mumma of two precious little girls!! Expecting another one now. 🙂 I enjoy writing useful blogs on pregnancy because this is the time that needs to be cherished and celebrated. If you’re a would-be momma like me, hit the subscribe option to never miss any interesting blog on pregnancy!