Multiple study reports claim that if you are pregnant or were pregnant recently, you are more likely to get sick from COVID-19 compared to people who are not pregnant although the absolute risk factors are very low. Again, in addition, if you have COVID-19 during pregnancy, you are at an increased risk of complications that can harm your pregnancy along with the growing baby inside your womb. Now, if you are pregnant, you might be thinking of what to do if such things have already happened to you. Do not worry, let the most reputed Covid-19 test clinic in the UK discuss this matter in detail for the sake of all pregnant or lactating mothers.
If you are in isolation after testing positive for Covid-19and sharing the same room with your newborn baby, follow these steps to reduce the chance of spreading the virus to your newbie.
- Mandatorily wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before holding or caring for your newbie. If soap and water are not available, do not skip using a hand sanitizer with at least 80% alcohol.
- Try to keep your newborn baby more than 6 feet away from you as much as you can. Yet, if the necessity comes, do not avoid wearing a well-fitting mask when you are within 6 feet of your little one.
- Talk to your doctor or healthcare provider about how to protect your newborn baby from the infection of Coronavirus, (for example, placing your newborn baby in an incubator), especially when you are in the hospital.
By following these above-mentioned tips, you most likely will not pass the virus to your newborn baby or any other close contact after your isolation period ends.
Snippets about the isolation period- Note that,
- If you had any of the symptoms for Covid-19, your isolation period ends after-
- 5 days since the Covid symptoms appeared in your body
- 24 hours without having fever, and that too without taking any kind of fever-reducing medicines
- Literally, no symptoms for Covid-19 are showing
- If you never had any of the symptoms for Covid-19, your isolation period ends after a minimum of 5 days since you tested positive for Covid-19.
Being the most reliable Covid-19 test clinic in the UK, Concepto Clinic recommends every pregnant or lactating mother wear a mask until day 10th. Because it is always good to be extra careful when it comes to the question regarding your newborn baby.
Know what to do immediately if you are pregnant or recently been pregnant and tested positive for Covid-19. Listen to a Covid-19 test clinic in the UK
1 comment on “Tips for pregnant or breastfeeding women if tested Covid positive”
Pregnancy during Covid itself a very sensitive. This blog is very informative thanks for sharing